Torrance Memorial recognizes the vital role that family and friends play in the comfort and well-being of our patients.
We have established new protocols for visitors and general campus operations due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We recognize these updated guidelines may cause frustration and we appreciate your patience as we implement these changes. Thank you for helping us keep our patients and our staff safe. Please click the button below to view our COVID-19 Visitor Guidelines.
We have two parking structures, on the east and west sides of our campus. For most hospital services, please park in the Main (east) Parking Structure. Free valet parking is available on the first floor of the main structure (currently unavailable). For services in the Outpatient Center and West Tower, please park in the West Parking Structure. View campus map.
Flowers and Balloons
Flowers and Mylar balloons are welcome in most inpatient rooms with some exceptions, including but not limited to the Intensive Care Units, Burn Unit, Pre-Op, PACU, Surgical and Procedural areas.
Waiting Rooms (currently closed)
Visitor waiting rooms are located across campus:
- Lundquist Tower, 2nd floor features a large waiting room, where visitors can gather to wait for loved ones to finish surgery. There is a Patient Status Board that will provide updates to families using a private patient code system.
- Visitor lounges where friends and family members can relax during a loved ones' care are located on each floor in the Lundquist Tower.
- Central Tower lobby near the Outpatient Pharmacy.
- Surgery Waiting Room, located on the 1st floor of the Central Tower near the Gift Shop, provides an area where family and friends can wait to speak with your surgeon after an operation. Each weekday, this area is attended by a volunteer who will keep your family informed.
- Outpatient Lobby, located in the Outpatient Center across the West Tower, 1st floor.
- North Lobby, located in the north wing near Information Desk. Live piano performances occur several times each day in the North Lobby for relaxation and enjoyment.
Torrance Memorial has several options for visitor dining. Our Cafés feature dishes with seasonal local organic produce, home-made soups and desserts, heart-healthy fare, and much more, at very reasonable prices. We also serve Starbucks Coffee. Vending machines are located in the Central Tower on the 2nd floor in the Dining Annex.
View All Dining Options
Visit our gift shops, located in the Grand Lobby of the Lundquist Tower and the 1st floor of the North Wing. It is staffed and operated by members of the Torrance Memorial Volunteer Auxiliary. The Gift Shop offers books, gifts, toiletries and flowers. You are also able to order online or place a phone order by calling 310-325-9110.
For your convenience, an ATM is located in the Grand Lobby near the restrooms in the Lundquist Tower.
Chapel & Spiritual Care
The Turpanjian Family Chapel is located in Lundquist Tower on the 1st floor adjacent to the Healing Garden. Non-denominational Sunday Chapel Service is offered at 9:30 - 10:00am. The general service includes a brief reflection from the Torrance Memorial Chaplain and an opportunity to submit prayer request and a moment of silence.
The chaplain is available for non-denominational spiritual support and consultation during your stay at the medical center. Call 310-325-9110 ext. 16694, from Monday to Friday, 8am to 4:30pm. Your own clergyman is also welcome to visit with you at any time.
The Healing Garden, located between the Lundquist Tower and the North Wing, features seating, water-efficient landscaping and fountains, to help patients, visitors and staff relieve stress and connect with nature.
Live piano performances occur several times each day in the North Lobby in the North Wing and the Grand Lobby in the Lundquist Tower for relaxation and enjoyment.
Health Resource and Retail Center
Visit HealthLinks, a centralized location for finding health-related information, products and services. Located in the West Tower on the 1st floor.
Torrance Memorial has a Lactation Center with two private mothers' rooms. Located in HealthLinks on the 1st floor in the West Tower.
Our Outpatient Pharmacy is located in the Central Tower on the 1st floor near the main entrance of the medical center from Monday - Friday 9:00 AM - 5:15 PM and Saturday - Sunday 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM.