During Your Stay
During your stay at Torrance Memorial, your comfort is our priority. These are many of the amenities and services available to you.
Private Patient Rooms
- Bathrooms with showers
- Cable television
- Bedside telephone
- Free Wi-Fi
- Daybeds for overnight guest
- Plenty of space for visitors
Torrance Memorial is proud to offer healthy meals to patients. Dietitians work closely with your doctors and nurses to ensure that your nutritional needs are met during your stay. They can provide you and your family with information on special diets and discuss any nutritional concerns.
Wireless Internet Access
Wireless Internet access is available through personal devices throughout the medical center.
The Torrance Memorial Interpreter program is available to all Torrance Memorial inpatients, outpatients and their relatives. Every attempt is made to provide services in any language, either by an in-person interpreter or by telephone. Please alert a staff member if you need interpreter services.
A special group of volunteers at Torrance Memorial provide canine pet visitation services. If you are interested in a pet visitation, visit please discuss your options with your nurse.
The Torrance Memorial Turpanjian Family Chapel is located on the 1st floor of the Lundquist Tower adjacent to the Healing Garden.The hospital chaplain is available for non-denominational spiritual support during your stay, from Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM.
To meet or speak with Rev. Jan Lee, or the clergy person of your choice, call 310-325-9110 ext. 16694.
Some of the ways you may need help include:
- Spiritual, emotional and educational support
- Spiritual care consultation to define plans of care
- Compassionate listening
- Family meeting facilitation
- Clergy/faith community referral
- Ethical will preferences
- Theological integration/affirmation of beliefs
- Storytelling/reorganizing life purpose
- Pastoral prayer
- Scriptures or other readings
- Communion/religious rituals
- Anointing/blessing of the sick/prayer of forgiveness
- End of life celebrations/rituals
- Grief counseling/bereavement support
- Funeral service/memorial service