The health and safety of our patients, families and staff are our top priority. We thank you for your patience as we continuously evaluate our visitor policies to allow people to safely visit their loved one while receiving care. Knowing the COVID-19 situation can change rapidly, we are prepared for an increase in patient volume and if necessary, will adjust the visitor policy to meet future demand.
View Our Visitor Guidelines
Pre-Procedure COVID-19 Testing Site
Lab staff will call you to schedule a drive-up appointment
Monday - Friday from 8:15am - 4:30pm
Location: Located in the Torrance Memorial employee lot, entrance east of Early Avenue on Lomita Boulevard
Testing Site Instructions:
- Staff will provide directions through signage
- When you drive up to the testing site, roll your window all the way down
- Have your driver's license ready
- If a child is being tested, bring an additional person to help hold the child during the testing
- You will be notified of the results by your physician
Quarantine Instructions For Pre-Procedure COVID-19 Testing:
- Following your COVID-19 test, stay home until your procedure.
- Do not leave your home, except to get medical care.
- Do not go to work, school, or public areas, and do not use public transportation or taxis.
Don't Put Your Health On Hold
Your safety and well-being are our top priority at all times. Call your doctors and follow up on your regular screenings and treatments.
Isolation Instructions for People with COVID-19
In Los Angeles County, if you have COVID-19* you are required to:
*You are considered to have COVID-19, if you have a positive viral test for COVID-19 and/or a healthcare provider thinks that you have COVID-19.
If you have questions about isolating, please contact your primary care physician or visit the Los Angeles County for Public Health website.
Lost Your COVID-19 Vaccination Card?
If you are unable to locate your vaccination card, you can request a new one from the California Immunization Registry (CAIR).
- Go to https://cairweb.org/cair-forms/
- Scroll down to “To request your or your child’s record in CAIR be ‘unlocked’, click your preferred language below” and select the appropriate language. Only English and Spanish are available online.
- Click “Unlock” and complete the form “Request to Unlock My CAIR Record.”
- If a matching record is found in the CAIR database, you will be asked to complete the extended form on the next page.
- Click "Submit Form"
- Within 14 days, you will be notified by secure email of any vaccines reported into CAIRS (i.e. COVID-19).
- Download and print vaccination record.
How We Are Keeping You Safe
- Mandatory Vaccination and Temperature Checks – Every person who enters our facility goes through a daily screening and temperature check.
- Proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) - Each staff member on a patient’s care team has the proper PPE to ensure patient and staff safety.
- Isolation of COVID Patients – We have implemented strict isolation practices to separate COVID-19 patients from other patients in our care.
- Extensive Training - Our physicians, nurses and ancillary care team members have clinical training and experience in infectious disease prevention and follow strict protocols for maintaining a safe patient environment.
- Infection Prevention Distancing – We have implemented many physical distancing measures throughout the hospital and our physician offices.
- Cleaning and Maintenance – Torrance Memorial follows CDC protocols for cleaning and disinfecting all patient and treatment areas.
The Torrance Memorial Infection Prevention Department can be reached at 310-517-7057.