Billing & Insurance
For your convenience, you can pay your Torrance Memorial bill online.
Pay Your Bill
Billing for Hospital Services
Billing for hospital services begins with charges for our services, supplies and pharmaceuticals during a patient’s hospital visit, please click here for a list of our charges. As inpatient visits typically cost more than outpatient visits, please click here for a list of average charges by Diagnosis Related Group (DRG). As part of our commitment to Price Transparency, please click here for our machine-readable pricing file (last updated February 2022.)
Understanding pricing for medical services can be complex, however charges do not necessarily predict what a patient may pay. For insured patients, the amount a patient may owe is based on the type of health insurance and coverage benefits the patient has. If you need outpatient services, then you can obtain a price estimate for those services through our price estimation tool:
Price Estimator Tool
When seeking an estimate, please have the following information available:
- Patient information
- Insurance details (i.e. insurance card)
- Service description or CPT code
If you need assistance with creating an estimate using our price estimation tool, then please call 310-517-4754.
For more information about your benefits or to determine your health coverage benefits, please contact your health insurance company.
For uninsured and underinsured patients, you have the right to receive a “Good Faith Estimate” explaining how much your medical care will cost. Please click here to learn more about the Good Faith Estimate [PDF]. In addition, we have a Financial Assistance Program.
Certain Federal and State laws provide patients protections against “Surprise Medical Bills” and “Balance Billing.” Please click here to learn more your Patient Rights against Surprise Medical Bills [PDF].
How to Ensure Accurate Billing
Here are a few things you can do before your visit to ensure accurate billing:
- When scheduling your appointment, pre-register. This will ensure that we have the correct information in our system.
- Make sure you have a good understanding of what is and is not covered by your insurance plan. Make sure Torrance Memorial accepts your insurance plan.
- If necessary, make sure that your provider has obtained any pre-certification or referral from your insurance company.
- Ask questions.
- Get contact information for financial questions you may have after your visit.
- Torrance Memorial may ask for your patient responsibility (i.e. co-payments) prior to services rendered, however if you are unable to pay, this does not preclude you from receiving services.
- After services are provided, Torrance Memorial will submit the bill to your insurance(s).
- After your insurance(s) have paid, you will be billed for any balances left on your account.
- If your insurance(s) fail to pay the claims, then you will be responsible for the costs incurred during your care.
- All balances are expected to be paid within 30 days of being billed or the guarantor must make appropriate payment arrangements.