Restoring Function Through Physical Therapy
To help individuals restore functional mobility loss or impairments from disease, injury or surgery, Torrance Memorial offers physical therapy services in the hospital and outpatient.
Whether you’ve had joint replacement surgery, are recovering from a stroke or are trying to return to routine activities after an accident, Torrance Memorial’s physical rehab specialists have the skills needed to help you heal and reach your maximum potential.
Physical Therapy at Torrance Memorial
If a medical problem hinders your ability to move and perform in your daily life, Torrance Memorial offers expert physical therapy at several locations in the South Bay. With the goal of relieving symptoms, expediting recovery and preventing further disability, our therapists perform comprehensive assessments and develop individualized treatment programs.
Physical therapy sessions may include:
- Therapeutic exercises to increase flexibility, range of motion, balance, coordination and endurance
- Heat packs and cold compresses to reduce swelling or relieve pain
- Electrical stimulation
- Ultrasound therapy
- Cognitive skills development
- Manual therapy
- Neuromuscular re-education
- Assistive and adaptive device training (including crutches, prosthesis, orthotics and wheelchairs)
- Home exercise instructions
- Gait training
- Traction for back and neck pain
- Patient education
The rehabilitation team at Torrance Memorial includes highly trained physical therapists that are certified in multiple clinical areas. Physical therapy provides individualized treatment programs to:
- Improve strength
- Improve mobility
- Improve endurance and agility
- Offer pain relief
- Promote wound healing