Infectious disease medicine is a sub-specialty of internal medicine and is concerned with the diagnosis of unknown, difficult to treat, unusual or complicated infections. Our team of board-certified practitioners have extensive training in the evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of bacterial, viral, fungal and parasitic infections and use that training to provide care beyond what general internists might be able to offer.
Your doctor might refer you to an Infectious Disease specialist when
- an infection is difficult to diagnose
- an infection is accompanied by a high fever
- a patient does not respond to treatment
- a healthy person plans to travel to a foreign country or a location where infection risk is higher
- treating illnesses becomes a part of a patient's overall care
We are dedicated to serving people with suspected or known infections and treatment is based on a multidisciplinary team approach.