Helping Patients Stay Independent
Torrance Memorial Home Health provides full-service home health to families in the South Bay area. Licensed by the state of California and certified by Medicare, the department is also accredited by the Joint Commission.
We are dedicated to keeping patients safe in the home environment by providing high-quality care. We maintain a complete staff of registered nurses and therapists who provide compassionate, caring treatment on an individual basis. Our members have many years of experience and most have earned specialized certifications.
Our goal is to provide patients and families with the security of knowing that their healthcare needs will be met, and quality outcomes will be achieved. We provide physicians with the same assurance that patients are receiving the optimum care possible to prevent avoidable rehospitalizations. Our team is available to assist with a variety of needs on the way to recovery.
Licensed, Experienced Care
As a full-service agency, we maintain a complete field staff of registered nurses who provide warm, caring treatment on an individualized basis. Our home health care team also includes:
- Registered nurses (RNs) provide skilled services such as wound care, education and assessments.
- Physical therapists (PTs) provide skilled services to evaluate patients, develop and execute patient-specific treatment plans to remain safely in their homes.
- Occupational therapists (OTs) employ specialized rehabilitation techniques and equipment to improve patient function in activities.
- Speech language pathologists develop and restore speech for individuals with communication disorders. Speech pathologists also retrain patients in breathing, swallowing and muscle control.
- Social workers evaluate the social and emotional factors affecting patients and provide counseling and access to community resources.
- Home health aides assist with activities of daily living such as getting in and out of bed, walking, bathing, toileting and dressing.
Request an Evaluation
A physician's order is required in order to initiate home healthcare services. Patients and their families may also request an evaluation. For more information or to request home healthcare services, please call 310-784-3739.
Quality In-Home Care
Torrance Memorial's Home Health team of professionals provides compassionate care while helping each patient achieve the highest level of independence. As abilities improve, the gains are quantified, allowing the agency to benchmark and evaluate the care provided to patients. Additional information on outcomes can be obtained by calling Medicare's toll-free help line at 1-800-633-4227, or by visiting Medicare.gov/hhcompare/home.aspx.
HomeCare Elite® has named Torrance Memorial among the top 25% of Home Care programs nationwide by the market-leading review from ABILITY® Network and DecisionHealth. This recognition is an annual compilation of the most successful home care providers in the United States.
Home Health Heart Failure Program
Home Health has a Heart Failure program to educate patients on their disease, medication management and recognition of early warning signs in order to maintain the patient safely in their own home and prevent hospitalization
- An in home assessment by our Heart Failure RN Coordinator followed by telephonic follow up for 30 days
- Tasks performed during the home visit:
- Explanation of Green, Yellow and Red Zone Symptoms
- Medication Reconciliation
- Scheduling Appointment with PCP
- Instructions on Patient Self-Management
- Functional Assessment
- Nutritional Counseling