From family planning to pregnancy care to menopause, it's good to be able to rely on a gynecologist you can trust for sensitive, patient-focused care. At Torrance Memorial, our goal to provide you with expert care in a sensitive, non-judgmental way.
Our physicians provide a full range of gynecological services and preventive care for women of every age, and give appropriate attention to your particular needs at each stage of life. In addition to annual screening tests and exams, we provide comprehensive care for gynecological conditions and complaints like infertility, fibroids, menopause and incontinence.
Conditions We Treat
Family Planning & Birth Control
Nothing is more personal than a woman's decision about having children—whether to have them, when to have them and how many to have. Our goal is to educate women about the pros and cons of the many different contraception options available and to provide supportive, effective care that enhances your health and well-being. During a consultation, we'll review your health record and family history and ask about your long-term plans before working together to decide which form of contraception is best for you.
- Female sterilization: A surgical procedure (tubal ligation) that prevents pregnancy from occurring
- IUDs: A small t-shaped device implanted into the uterus that prevents pregnancy from occurring, which can last up to 12 years
- Injectable: A shot (Depo-Provera) given in the arm delivers hormones that prevent pregnancy from occurring; must be done every three months
- Birth control pills: Hormone pills, taken orally and daily, prevent pregnancy from occurring
- Birth control patches and rings: Hormones that prevent pregnancy from occurring are delivered via a skin patch or from a ring-shaped device placed in the vagina
- Barrier devices (sponge, cervical cap, diaphragm, condoms): A barrier prevents fertilization by making it placing a barrier between sperm and egg; use of a spermicide is encouraged
- Fertility awareness-based measures (i.e., the "rhythm method"). Abstinence during the fertile time of the month