When you or a loved ones needs immediate emergency medical attention, you can depend on the highly skilled emergency physician and staff teams at the Torrance Memorial Emergency Department, a designated Stroke Center, as well as an approved emergency Pediatric center, fully equipped to treat acute injuries and illnesses.
Go to the emergency department when:
- Chest pain and symptoms of heart attack
- Stroke symptoms like slurred speech, confusion, weakness, facial droop
- Severe breathing problems
- Bleeding injuries
- Major injuries, especially head injuries
- Serious burns
- Broken bones
- Poisoning or overdose
- Major allergic reactions
Get immediate medical care from our experienced physician teams at one of our two Urgent Care locations in Torrance and Manhattan Beach. No appointment needed!
Find an Urgent Care Location
Urgent care options help alleviate wait times and higher costs associated with emergency room treatments, leaving ERs available for truly life-threatening emergencies. Urgent care services provide patients with the opportunity to see expert, skilled physicians in urgent care centers close to home, and to receive quick, convenient medical attention.
Visit an Urgent Care Center when:
- Minor fractures and sprains
- Infections, cold or flu
- Coughs, earaches, sore throats, influenza
- Cuts needing stitches
- Rashes and skin infections
- Worsening reaction to an insect bite
- Minor head injuries without losing consciousness
It is important to partner with a primary care physician (PCP) - your health advocate and first contact for care - for everything from preventive care and general health needs to specialist referrals.
Find a Primary Care Physician
Different types of primary care providers focus on different needs, concerns and populations. Choose a provider that specializes in:
- Family Medicine - Cares for all ages, from babies to older adults
- Geriatrics - Focuses on the care for seniors over the age of 65
- Gynecology - Focuses on the health needs of women
- Internal Medicine - Cares for adults, including those with multiple health conditions
- Pediatrics - Cares for children from birth through age 18
From sinus care to knee surgery, Torrance Memorial's physicians throughout the South Bay offer a wide range of expert medical specialists to provider you with high quality healthcare. A medical specialist focuses on a specific group of patients, diseases, skills or philosophy.
After completing medical school, physicians or surgeons may further their medical education in a specific field by completing additional years of residency, and possible fellowship, to become a specialist. A person's specific medical concern will usually determine the type of doctor they should see.
Browse our list of medical services and specialties