Care Management for Chronic Conditions
The Torrance Memorial Care Coordination Center (CCC) is a specialized ambulatory unit designed to provide timely, comprehensive post-discharge care to complex high-risk patients. The CCC offers resources to support a healthy transition back home and encourage timely communication and follow-up with your primary care physician and specialist.
Our team consists of a supervising physician, Nurse Practitioner, Advance Practice Pharmacist and a Registered Dietitian, all of whom work collaboratively to offer comprehensive care. Once the patient's post-discharge goals to recovery are met, following one or multiple visits, the CCC safely transitions patients back to their primary care physician and specialists for future care.
The goal of Palliative Care is to improve the quality of life for both the patient and the caregiver. It is a specialized type of care that is focused on relieving symptoms and stress when dealing with serious illness. Palliative Care is provided by a team of doctors, nurses, social workers, chaplains and other specialists who are trained in this type of holistic approach.
Who can benefit from Palliative Care?
- Patients at any stage in their serious illness such as advanced cancer, congestive heart failure, end stage renal disease, dementia, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, neurological diseases, HIV/AIDS, etc.
- Patients with uncontrolled symptoms such as cancer related pain, fatigue, nausea, shortness of breath and other symptoms associated with serious illness.
- Patients and families who wish to discuss advance care planning (advance care directive and/or POLST forms).
Advance Care Planning
Advance care planning is the process of thinking, talking and deciding about what matters most related to your healthcare decision making. Have you thought about how you want to be cared for when you can no longer take care of yourself? Or who to entrust with our important healthcare decisions?
Take the time now to plan for your healthcare future. To learn about Advance Care Planning schedule an appointment with the CCC. The provider will help you:
- Understand your healthcare treatment options.
- Clarify your healthcare goals.
- Weigh your options about what kind of care and treatment you would want or not want.
- Make decisions about whether you want to appoint a healthcare agent or complete a healthcare directive.
- Communicate your wishes and any documents with your family, friends, and healthcare provider(s).
Learn More About Advance Care Planning