Apps with Meditations & Music
- Insight Timer™ (mindfulness, music)
- Calm (mindfulness, music)
- Headspace® (mindfulness)
- White Noise Deep Sleep Sounds (music, sleep)
- Gratitude Journal (gratitude)
- Naturespace (nature scenes)
- Mindfulness-Based Cancer Recovery by Linda E. Carlson, PhD, RPsych, and Michael Speca, PsyD, RPsych
- Full Catastrophe Living by Jon Kabat-Zinn
- Radical Compassion by Tara Brach, PhD
- The Mindful Self-Compassion Workbook by Kristin Neff, PhD, and Christopher Germer, PhD
Please contact Brittany Rudinica, LCSW, oncology social work-certified, at 310-517-1230 or firstname.lastname@example.org for information on individual counseling.
Managing Treatment Side Effects
This video highlights some of the most common side effects of chemotherapy and radiation treatments and their implications on overall nutrition status. These include: altered taste buds, food aversions, mouth sores and pain, nausea and vomiting, diarrhea and constipation, fatigue, and weight changes. It provides detailed recommendations for how to manage each using food and nutrition. The strategies throughout his video aim to help promote nutrition intake, maintain a healthy weight, and alleviate the discomfort of treatment side effects.
Dietary and Lifestyle Changes for Cancer Prevention, Treatment, & Recovery
This video provides diet and lifestyle recommendations for patients throughout all stages of their cancer journey: from prevention, to those currently undergoing treatments, to recovery for patients who have completed treatments. It discusses strategies for weight maintenance, grocery shopping and meal preparation, physical activity, and techniques for reducing stress. This video provides practical nutrition and wellness tips that patients can incorporate into all areas of their day to day lives.
Learn more about Torrance Memorial Nutrition Services