Expect advanced, complete care for breast cancer at Torrance Memorial’s Hunt Cancer Institute. You’ll receive a personalized plan to treat the disease and support your overall well-being—so you can focus on healing.
Accredited for Excellent Care
The National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers recognizes our Vasek and Anna Maria Polak Breast Diagnostic Center as one of the top breast cancer programs in the country. This means you can expect:
- Well-rounded care that meets the highest standards for quality, effectiveness and safety
- Access to the latest treatments and clinical trials
- Multidisciplinary team that provides care based on the latest research
- Community education to prevent breast cancer
Screening & Diagnosis
Partner with our physicians to protect your breast health. Talk to your doctor about:
- Your personal risk factors for breast cancer, ways to lower your risk and the option of genetic counseling
- How to recognize symptoms of breast cancer
- Screening exams, such as mammograms and other breast imaging scans, and your recommended screening schedule
Learn more about breast cancer screening & diagnosis
Your Treatment Plan
If you receive a breast cancer diagnosis, count on the expertise of our program’s dedicated team. You’ll receive a treatment plan that:
- Gives you the best chance for a full recovery and breast preservation
- Reflects your specific type of breast cancer and its stage (how invasive or severe the cancer is)
- May include one or more treatments
- Suits your goals, preferences and overall health
Advanced Surgical Expertise
Surgery is usually the first treatment recommended for breast cancer. Thanks to our advanced equipment and specialized training, we’ll use the least invasive techniques whenever possible. That means you have a faster, smoother recovery.
Learn more about breast cancer surgery
Other Treatments We Offer
Your care team may also recommend:
- Bone-directed therapy – Treats cancer that has spread to the bones, causing fractures (broken bones) or pain
- Chemotherapy – Uses medications to treat cancer and its symptoms
- Hormone therapy – Blocks the hormone (estrogen) that fuels breast tumor growth
- Radiation therapy – Shrinks tumors and destroys cancer cells
- Targeted therapy – Targets cancer cells while leaving healthy cells alone
American Cancer Society Resources
Visit the American Cancer Society's website for a number of resources and education to support your cancer journey.
Resources & Support
Take advantage of supportive services designed to help you live well and feel your best. Our Cancer Resource Center houses classes, support groups and more.
Your care team will include a nurse navigator who specializes in helping patients with breast cancer. This knowledgeable, compassionate professional:
- Answers questions
- Offers advocacy, education and support to you and your loved ones
- Helps you access treatments and local resources
Call 310-784-6335 to speak with a Breast Nurse Navigator.
Learn more about breast cancer resources and support
After treatment, take part in our Breast Cancer Survivorship Program. You’ll receive guidance to achieve your long-term health goals.
Learn more about breast cancer survivorship