For complete breast care, visit the Vasek and Anna Maria Polak Breast Diagnostic Center at Torrance Memorial. As the South Bay’s leader in services for women, we offer you:
- Exceptional care following best practices
- Advanced equipment and technology
- Compassionate, licensed breast health experts who receive ongoing education to improve their care for you
- Four convenient locations throughout the South Bay
- Patient experience designed with your needs and comfort in mind
Find a Breast Diagnostic Center
Bone Density Testing
You may visit a Breast Diagnostic Center location for a bone density exam to screen for osteoporosis.
Access safe, accurate screening and diagnostic tests to confidently protect your breast health. Explore:
Your doctor will usually receive your test results in one business day, and the information will appear in your patient portal as soon as it’s available. Rest assured; the results of most routine breast exams are normal. Whatever your test shows, look forward to support and education from Torrance Memorial. Our care team will guide you through any next steps you may need to take, such as getting another test or starting a personal breast cancer treatment plan.
Recognized for Excellence
Place your trust in a program that meets the highest standards for care. Our Breast Diagnostic Center holds:
- Accreditation from the American College of Surgeons and National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers
- Breast Imaging Center of Excellence recognition from the American College of Radiology (ACR)
- Accreditation in mammography from the ACR at all four of our locations and accreditation in stereotactic breast biopsy and ultrasound-guided breast biopsy at our center in Torrance
- Certification in mammography from the State of California and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration
History of Serving Your Neighbors
The Breast Diagnostic Center formed in 1986 thanks to the generosity of Vasek and Anna Maria Polak—local leaders in business and philanthropy. They provided the funds to launch and grow our program, which performs 60,000 exams each year.