5 Things You Should Know About the Annual Wellness Visit
- The first visit is called the one-time Welcome to Medicare Preventive Visit. Subsequent visits are called Annual Wellness Visits, and you cannot get one in the same year as your Welcome to Medicare visit.
- The Annual Wellness Visit and Welcome to Medicare preventive visit are not head-to-toe physical exams.
- You will always leave your AWV with a follow-up plan, such as screenings or testing due, education programs and classes.
- House-bound patients may be able to arrange for their AWV to be done at home. Currently the house call is available to Torrance Memorial IPA members only. THIPA members: If you have any questions, call TMIPA Member Services at 866-568-4472 for additional information.
- There is no co-pay for your Annual Wellness Visit. Think of it as a gift to your health. Schedule an Annual Wellness Visit with your physician today.
Don’t wait! If you haven’t scheduled your Medicare Annual Wellness Visit, contact your primary physician’s office. If you don’t have a primary care doctor, call our physician referral coordinator at 310-891-6717. If you are a Torrance Memorial IPA member, you can call Member Services for more information at 866-568-4472.