You Can Make a Difference!
Are you or someone you know looking for rewarding and meaningful volunteer
work? Volunteers play an integral part of our hospice team by providing
compassionate patient companionship, caregiver respite, bereavement support,
administrative duties and so much more! After completion of the Hospice
and Bereavement core orientation with job specific training, volunteers
have the opportunity to serve in the following roles:
- Companionship & Respite Visitations
- Administrative Duties
- Arts & Crafts for patients
- Bereavement Groups
- Bereavement Phone Call Follow-Up
- Service Follow Up Calls
- Fundraising Opportunities
- Event Assistance
- Deliveries to Doctors & Facilities
Hospice is Looking for Volunteers Who:
- Have musical talent and can play the guitar or piano for our patients.
Music therapy is very beneficial for our hospice patients and their loved ones.
- Are masseuses or energy therapists who can practice the art of healing
through touch. Our patients have responded in positive ways to touch and Reiki.
- Enjoys transcribing stories. Listen to the amazing stories our patients
have to share and document them for their family and loved ones.
- Enjoys doing a little yard work or light household cleaning.
- Enjoys walking a dog.
Why Become a Hospice Volunteer?
- Give back to your community by providing compassionate end-of-life support
to patients and their families.
- Share your musical, alternative healing or massage skills with patients
- Express your artistic ability through creating arts & crafts for our patients.
- Help gain experience and earn required volunteer hours as a college student.
- Retired? Spend your free time doing very gratifying work.
For more information on volunteering for the Hospice and Bereavement Program,