You can make a difference!
Are you or know someone looking for rewarding and meaningful volunteer
work? Torrance Memorial's
Hospice network is an integral part of our hospice team by providing compassionate
patient companionship, caregiver respite, bereavement support, and so
much more! After completion of the Hospice and Bereavement core orientation
with job specific training, volunteers have the opportunity to serve in
the following roles:
- Hospice Visitation
- Administrative Duties
- Arts & Crafts for patients
- Bereavement Groups
- Bereavement Phone Follow Up
- Service Follow Up Calls
- Fundraising Opportunities
- Event Assistance
- Deliveries to Doctors & Facilities
Why become a Hospice Volunteer?
- Give back to your community by providing compassionate end-of-life support
to patients and their families.
- Share your musical, alternative healing or massage skills with patients
- Express your artistic ability through creating arts & crafts for our patients.
- Help gain experience and earn required volunteer hours as a college student.
- Retired? Spend your free time doing very gratifying work.
For more information please contact our Hospice and Bereavement Department