Torrance Memorial recognizes the vital role that family and friends play
in the comfort and well-being of our patients, and we welcome them 24
hours a day. It is our goal to ensure that all visitors enjoy full and
equal visitation privileges consistent with patient preference.
The following guidelines have been developed for the safety, comfort, and
well-being of our patients. Please understand that visiting may be interrupted
or modified by staff based on patient needs or to ensure a culture of safety.
Visiting Hours and General Information
Families and friends are welcome
24 hours a day according to patient preference.
- Most inpatient units have a "Quiet Time" 2 - 4 PM daily to help
- Patients may have one designated family member or friend stay overnight.
(Pediatrics unit allows two.)
- A designated family member or friend is welcome in most outpatient and
- Visitor lounges are available for additional guests.
Health and Safety
- For the protection of others, please perform hand hygiene before and after
patient contact and please do not visit if you might be ill with an infectious
disease such as a cold or flu.
- For safety reasons, operating rooms (OR) and special procedural areas are
routinely limited to hospital staff. A patient support person is permitted
in the Labor and Delivery OR.
- At least one parent or banded designee of the patient must accompany a
visitor in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU).
- Siblings are the only children permitted to visit infants in the NICU.
- Please check with the nurse before offering food to a patient.
Flowers and Balloons
- Flowers are welcome in most inpatient rooms with some exceptions, including
but not limited to Burn Unit and Intensive Care Units.
- Only Mylar balloons are permitted.
- Children are welcome at Torrance Memorial. Those under age 13 are expected
to remain with a supervising adult other than the patient at all times.
- Family and friends may visit two at a time in multi-patient rooms. Visitor
lounges are available for additional guests.
- To help ensure everyone's safety, please refrain from gathering in hallways.
- We appreciate your help in maintaining a clean, quiet environment for everyone.
- Out of courtesy for others, we encourage you to enjoy your food and beverage
in the café seating areas available 24 hours a day.
- For the comfort of our patients, please refrain from consuming food and
beverage in our surgical waiting areas.
We have two parking structures, on the east and west sides of our campus.
For most hospital services, please park in the main (east) parking structure.
Free valet parking is available on the first floor of the main structure.
For services in the Outpatient Center and West Tower, please park in the
west parking structure.