Torrance Memorial Quit Smoking Program includes seven sessions and features a step-by-step plan for quitting
smoking. Each session is designed to help smokers gain control over their
behavior. The program format encourages participants to work on the process
and problems of quitting, both individually and as part of a group.
What You Will Learn
- How to know if you're really ready to quit.
- Medications that can increase your success.
- Lifestyle changes to make quitting easier.
- How to prepare for your quit day.
- Coping strategies for managing stress and avoiding weight gain.
- Developing a new self-image.
- How to stay smoke-free for good.
Why the Torrance Memorial Quit Smoking Program
The Torrance Memorial Quit Smoking Program is one of the most effective
smoking cessation programs in the South Bay. Helping individuals end their
addiction to nicotine and begin new smoke-free lives.
The smoking cessation program is based on proven addiction and behavior
change models. The program offers a structured, systematic approach to
quitting. Its positive messaging emphasizes the benefits of better health.
Because no single cessation technique is effective for all smokers, the
program includes a comprehensive variety of evidence-based cessation techniques.
Evaluation studies have shown that individuals who participate in this
form of smoking cessation program will:
- Experience immediate health benefits.
- Learn to address the physical, mental and social aspects of their addiction.
- Are six times more likely to be smoke-free one year later than those who
quit on their own.
- When used in combination with smoking cessation medication, up to 60% of
participants report having quit smoking by the end of the program.
Classes are Wednesday evenings 6 pm – 7 pm via Zoom. Class is free
to participants. For more information, please contact Cassandra Muller,
Thoracic Oncology Nurse Navigator at (310) 517‐1072, email: