Pay Your Bill
For your convenience, you can pay your Torrance Memorial bill online.
Pay Your Bill Online
Billing for Hospital Services
Billing for hospital services begins with charges for our services, supplies
and pharmaceuticals during a patient’s hospital visit. For a list
of our charges, please
click here. As inpatient visits typically cost more than outpatient visits, please
click here for a list of average charges by Diagnosis Related Group (DRG).
Understanding pricing for medical services can be complex, however charges
do not necessarily predict what a patient may pay. For insured patients,
the amount a patient may owe is based on the type of health insurance
and coverage benefits the patient has. Please contact your health insurance
company to determine your health coverage benefits and to get an estimate
of what you may owe for your visit.
For uninsured and underinsured patients, we have a
Financial Assistance & Charity Care Program.
How to Ensure Accurate Billing
Here are a few things you can do before your visit to ensure accurate billing:
When scheduling your appointment,
pre-register. This will ensure that we have the correct information in our system.
Make sure you have a good understanding of what is and is not covered by
your insurance plan. Make sure Torrance Memorial
accepts your insurance plan.
- If necessary, make sure that your provider has obtained any pre-certification
or referral from your insurance company
- Ask questions
- Get contact information for financial questions you may have after your visit
- Torrance Memorial may ask for your patient responsibility (i.e. co-payments)
prior to services rendered, however if you are unable to pay, this does
not preclude you from receiving services
- After services are provided, Torrance Memorial will submit the bill to
- After your insurance(s) have paid, you will be billed for any balances
left on your account.
- If your insurance(s) fail to pay the claims, then you will be responsible
for the costs incurred during your care.
- All balances are expected to be paid within 30 days of being billed or
the guarantor must make appropriate payment arrangements.
Questions About Your Bill
For questions about your Torrance Memorial bill, please call the Business
Office at 1-800-661-0004.