When it comes to local expert care, it is important to know the facts.
Torrance Memorial is leading the way in the South Bay for expert care,
ranking among the best hospitals in California and the nation.
Four factors to consider when choosing a hospital are Awards and Accreditations,
Technology and Facilities, Clinical Expertise and Experience.
AWARDS & ACCREDITATIONS
Torrance Memorial consistently receives top-quality ratings from leading
health care oversight organizations.
US News & World Report
Once again, Torrance Memorial has been recognized as a Best Hospital for
U.S. News & World Report, placing the hospital in the top 3% in the state.
- Ranked #5 in Los Angeles, first among all South Bay hospitals
- Ranked #11 in California
Torrance Memorial also ranked High Performing in seven specialties:
- Diabetes & Endocrinology
- Gastroenterology & GI Surgery
- Neurology & Neurosurgery
- Pulmonology & Lung Surgery
Torrance Memorial also ranked High Performing in the following areas for
procedures and conditions: Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair, Aortic Valve
Surgery, Back Surgery (Spinal Fusion), Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease,
Colon Cancer Surgery, Diabetes, Heart Attack, Heart Bypass Surgery, Heart
Failure, Hip Fracture, Hip Replacement, Kidney Failure, Knee Replacement,
Lung Cancer Surgery, Pneumonia and Stroke.
This recognition, combined with
Newsweek placing us in the top 1% in the nation, further solidifies our position as
the number ONE hospital in the South Bay. Compared to other hospitals locally,
Torrance Memorial’s quality results and rankings far exceed any
other hospital in the community.
Meeting the highest standards in nursing by becoming the first in the South
Bay to achieve and maintain the coveted Magnet designation, granted by
the American Nurses Credentialing Centers (ANCC).
These accolades are a testament to the commitment of the entire Torrance
Memorial patient care team -- staff, physicians and volunteers. We thank
all the employees of Torrance Memorial for continuing to advance the ways
we provide outstanding care to the South Bay community.
When it comes to local expert care, Torrance Memorial is leading the way.
TECHNOLOGY & FACILITIES
Torrance Memorial has long prioritized its infrastructure. Clinicians here
have access to the latest in technology, along with advanced accommodations,
to help improve patient care.
- Seven-story, $480 million Melanie and Richard Lundquist Tower
- Hunt Cancer Center, site of comprehensive cancer care and clinical trials
- Pediatric/young adult unit and eating disorders program
- Level III neonatal intensive care unit featuring all private rooms
- Certified Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Certified Safe Sleep Hospital
- A state-of-the-art hybrid operating room used for advanced, minimally invasive
cardiac and vascular procedures
- 443 private acute care rooms
Torrance Memorial patients, families and community members can depend on
exceptional treatment that includes:
- Comprehensive care for minor and major conditions
- 900 physicians on staff representing more than 70 specialty areas of medicine
- A partnership with Cedars-Sinai that creates an even larger network of
sub-specialists, including cardiology, cardiovascular surgery, neurology
and neurosurgery, and cancer treatment
- A local campus that provides the community with better access to clinical
trials and the latest developments in medical research
Besides physicians and staff with exceptional training and skill, the facility
as a whole has a long history of success illustrated by:
- 96 years of treating patients in the South Bay offering the most current
and effective treatment and medical technologies in a compassionate, caring setting
- Treatment of more acute hospital admissions, more cardiology cases, more
general surgery cases, more orthopedic cases as compared to the next busiest
South Bay hospital