The avocado and strawberries take the classic Caprese Salad to a whole
new level of flavor. The strawberries add a hint of sweetness and avocados
make everything taste better. This delightful salad is perfect for an
easy weeknight side dish or a great recipe to make to take to a potluck
or party. There is no cooking required, but it is impressive to serve.
Yield: Serves 4 Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Total Time:
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 cup halved mini mozzarella balls
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and diced
- 1/3 cup loosely packed basil, torn or chopped
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a small saucepan, bring the balsamic vinegar to a high simmer over medium
heat. Stir, then reduce the heat to low and simmer until the vinegar has
thickened and reduced by half, 8 to 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Place the strawberries, tomatoes, mozzarella, avocado, and basil in a shallow
bowl or platter. Drizzle with olive oil and season generously with salt
and pepper. Gently toss. Drizzle with reduced balsamic. Serve immediately.
Note- Also, can add 1/3 cup toasted pecans. If you don’t want to
reduce your own balsamic, you can use a store bought balsamic glaze.