These flourless brownies are a decadent gluten-free dessert (and no one
will ever guess that they are packed with fiber-filled black beans!).
They are fudgy, sweet, and one of the best brownies you will ever taste.
Tasting is believing! These brownies are ridiculously simple to make.
They require a handful of ingredients you likely have on hand, and all
you need is a food processor (or a blender) and a baking pan or muffin tin.
Prep: 10 minutes Cook: 35 minutes Ready In: 1 hour 15 minutes
- cooking spray
- 2 cups cooked black beans (canned)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup 100% cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- 4 tablespoons of chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch square
glass pan with cooking spray.
2. Place black beans and coconut oil in a saucepan. Cook over medium-low
heat until the beans are warmed through and the coconut oil is melted,
about 5 minutes. Mix in eggs, maple syrup, cocoa powder, vanilla extract,
salt, and baking powder.
3. Transfer black bean mixture to a blender. Cover and blend into a smooth
batter, 1 to 2 minutes. Pour into greased pan and sprinkle chocolate chips
and walnuts on top.
4. Bake in the preheated oven until batter pulls away from the sides of
the pan, about 30 minutes. Allow to cool before cutting, about 30 minutes.