Turmeric is found to provide many health benefits, from slowing/preventing
blood clots to helping manage diabetes. This simple spice can be added
to anything—even rice.
Time: 1 hour
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup white rice
- ¼ cup dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Mix onion, olive oil, turmeric, garlic powder, black pepper and salt together.
Then add rice last and mix thoroughly.
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan and add the mixture. Cover the saucepan,
reduce heat to low, and simmer until water is absorbed and the rice is
cooked (approximately 20 minutes).
- If using a rice cooker, add mixture and then water to the rice cooker and