Drinking enough water is vital in keeping your body functioning properly,
especially since it makes up 60% of our composition. If this isn’t
enough reason to motivate you to stay hydrated, here are six other reasons
why you should drink more water.
- Your body loses water through sweat, saliva, regulating body temperature,
and other important functions like digestion. Maintain an optimum level
of these bodily fluids by drinking enough water.
- Water can give you more energy when exercising by preventing body and muscle
fatigue. It will also keep you going by helping your body lubricate and
cushion joints, as well as replace the fluids lost by sweating during
- Replacing high-calorie drinks with water can not only lower your calorie
intake, but also increase your metabolism.
- Water helps cleanse your body by working with the kidneys to flush out toxins.
- In addition to using moisturizer, drinking water prevents wrinkles and
fine lines by keeping the skin moisturized. Drinking water may also get
rid of pimples and blemishes by getting rid of toxins.
- Headaches and migraines are often caused by dehydration. Drinking more
water can help reduce the duration and intensity of headaches.
Experts now recommend to drink between half an ounce to an ounce of water
for each pound you weigh, every day. If you live in a cool climate and/or
do not move around too much, you’d fit in the lower range; if you
live in a hotter climate and/or have an active lifestyle, you’d
be on the higher end of the range.