Have you thought about how you want to be cared for when you can’t
take care of yourself? Or who to entrust with your important health care
decisions. By establishing an
Advance Directive, you can rest assured that you’ll receive care on your terms because
all the decisions made will be your own.
Take the time now to plan for your health care future with Advance Care
Planning. This is the process of thinking, talking and deciding about
what matters most related to your healthcare decision-making.
To learn more about Advance Care Planning, schedule an appointment with
Sasha Mejia, Nurse Practitioner at the Care Coordination Center. Sasha
will help you:
- Understand your health care treatment options
- Clarify your health goals
- Weigh your options about what kind of care and treatment you would want
or not want
- Make decisions about whether you want to appoint a health care agent or
complete a health care directive
- Communicate your wishes and any documents with your family, friends and
health care providers.
- Help you complete an Advance Care Directive
Medicare covers the Advance Care Planning visit at
Torrance Memorial’s Care Coordination Center. You can be referred by your physician or also self-refer. To learn more
please call 310-784-8713 for an appointment.
The Care Coordination Center is located at 3701 Skypark Drive, Suite 100,
Torrance, CA 90505. 310-784-8713.