A primary care physician and certain specialists will be involved in your
medical care for a long time, so it’s important to choose doctors
who will work well with you.
But how do you know which doctor is right for you? Consider the following
- Is the office staff friendly and helpful? Is the office good about returning calls?
- Are the office hours convenient to your schedule?
- How easy is it to reach the doctor or doctor’s office? Does the doctor
- Does the office have a patient portal for electronic access to portions
of your electronic medical record such as test results and medication lists?
- Do you prefer a doctor whose communication style is friendly and warm,
or more formal?
- Do you prefer a doctor focused on disease treatment, or wellness and prevention?
- Does the doctor have a conservative or aggressive approach to treatment?
- Does the doctor order a lot of tests?
- Does the doctor refer to other specialists frequently or infrequently?
- What do colleagues, their patients and others you know say about the doctor?
- Does the doctor invite you to be involved in your care? Does the doctor
view your patient-doctor relationship as a true partnership?
Need a Primary Care Physician? Contact our referral coordinators who can
help you select a physician. Same day appointments available. Call 310-
fill out this online form.