At one time or another, most of us have suffered from some type of GI (gastrointestinal) disturbance including heartburn, stomach pain, diarrhea, nausea, and vomiting. But, when does it indicate that these symptoms are more serious? What if you are experiencing these symptoms on a regular basis?
What is reflux, celiac disease, gluten allergy, Irritable Bowel Syn- drome and how are they treated?
In most cases, people can manage the discomfort that goes along with these issues with life- style changes and over-the-counter medications. But for some people, these remedies may offer only temporary relief, and they may need stronger medications, even surgery, to reduce symptoms.
The September Miracle of Living lecture will increase your knowledge about your GI tract. Learn how we treated GI problems in the past, how we currently treat them, and what’s on the horizon for future treatments.
Come to this informative lecture to learn:
- What are the different types of gastrointestinal disorders?
- What are the major causes of GI problems?
- What diagnostic tests are avail- able to determine its causes?
- Can GI problems be a side effect of medications or surgery?
- How are GI issues treated?
- Whenisittimetoseea doctor about your GI disturbances?
- How does diet affect the GI tract? Do you need prebiotics or probiotics?
- What are the differences between food allergies and sensitivities?
- What role do lifestyle factors play?
- What surgical treatments are available?
- What are the newest treat- ment methods available?