Turn your leftover turkey into a delicious salad with a tangy vinaigrette.
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons finely diced dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- pinch freshly ground black pepper
- pinch salt
- 4 turkey cutlets (about 4 ounces each), grilled or broiled and cut into strips OR about 16 ounces leftover turkey
- 2 large tart apples, cored and diced
- 4 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 8 cups fresh baby greens, washed
- To make Cranberry Vinaigrette: Whisk together all ingredients in small bowl.
- Combine turkey strips in mixing bowl with apples, walnuts and half of the vinaigrette.
- Place lettuce in separate salad bowl and toss with remaining vinaigrette. Divide and arrange lettuce among 4 plates. Top with turkey mixture.
Per serving: 290 calories, 20 g protein, 13 g fat, 26 g carbohydrate, 14 mg cholesterol, 248 mg sodium, 5 g fiber.