Even people who say they don’t like kale will gobble this up.
- 24 ounces chopped kale
- sliced almonds
- 1 cup raw almond butter (unsweetened and unsalted)
- 1 cup coconut water (or regular water)
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice (about 2) and zest
- 2 cloves garlic
- Fresh ginger (approximately 1” or ½ ounce)
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium tamari or raw coconut aminos
- 4 pitted dates (soaked in water if not soft)
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
In a high-powered blender, combine all ingredients until smooth and creamy. Remove the thick, larger stems from the kale and discard. Place kale leaves in a large bowl and massage the dressing into them. Sprinkle with nuts before serving, if desired. This will only get better with age. It’s also delicious when made with peanut butter in the dressing and shredded raw beets and carrots in the salad. This dressing is also delicious on potatoes and cooked veggies.
*For a lower-fat version, decrease nut butter to 6 tablespoons and add one can of rinsed and drained cannellini beans.