FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Torrance Memorial Medical Center
American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
TORRANCE, Calif., August 10, 2011 - More than 900 community members gathered Saturday night at American Honda Motor Co., Inc.'s Torrance headquarters to sample some of the South Bay's best fare at the 25th annual "Evening Under the Stars" Gourmet Food & Wine Festival. Tetsuo Iwamura, president and CEO, American Honda Motor Co., Inc., capped off the evening with the announcement that proceeds from the event totaled $100,000. The proceeds will go towards construction of Torrance Memorial's new Main Tower and Pediatric Services.
"It's so wonderful to see the community rally together for this festive South Bay celebration each year," said Craig Leach, president and CEO, Torrance Memorial Medical Center. "We are extremely grateful that American Honda continues to support the advancement of exceptional healthcare to serve our growing community."
The event marked the fifth consecutive year that Honda and the Torrance Area Chamber of Commerce have selected Torrance Memorial as the evening's beneficiary. Honda presented the event in partnership with the Torrance Area Chamber. In addition to premier restaurants, wineries and a silent auction, jazz fusionist and six-time GRAMMY® Award winner Daniel Ho also entertained guests from center stage. The following local restaurants offered tastings ranging from sweet to savory to suit guests' palates.
- Athena's Confections
- Back Home in Lahaina
- Baleen @ Portofino Hotel
- Chef Chafer's Depot and Buffalo Fire Dept.
- Corner Bakery Café
- Costco Torrance
- Creative Cuisine Concepts
- DoubleTree by Hilton Torrance - South Bay
- Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
- Fresh Brothers
- Gaetano's Restaurant and Event Planning
- Gonpachi at Miyako Hybrid Hotel
- Gourmet Grindz
- Gyu-Kaku Torrance
- Il Fornaio
- Lucky Strike Lanes & Lounge
- M&M Enterprise
- Mucho Ultima Mexicana
- Nothing Bundt Cakes
- Ortega 120
- Paul Martin's American Bistro
- Red Car Brewery & Restaurant
- ROCK 'N FISH
- Sushi Boy, Inc./Soya Farms USA
- Sushi Chef Institute
- Garden Court Restaurant in the Torrance Marriott
- Zinc at Shade Hotel
Approximately 80 varieties of wine were served on site, including Honda Classic/PGA Professional Wines and selections from Riboli Family Wine Estates. Professional sommeliers from the Napa Rose restaurant at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel were also on hand to educate guests about wine.
Torrance Memorial's Luminaries, a group of parent volunteers whose children also volunteer for the hospital, supported the event by helping to secure nearly 100 unique items featured in the festival's silent auction. The following is a list of table sponsors for the event:
- Association of South Bay Surgeons
- California State University Dominguez Hills
- Classic Tents
- Continental Development Corporation
- Daily Breeze
- Disneyland Resort
- Donald & Priscilla Hunt and Hunt Enterprises, Inc.
- Dr. Francis Yamazaki
- HUB INTERNATIONAL
- McMillen Foundation and Todd Pipe
- MSM Landscape Services, Inc.
- On the Move Sweeping
- South Bay Yellow Cab
- Support Services of America, Inc.