What Are We Doing to Keep Our Surgical Patients Safe:
Mandatory Daily Screening and Temperature Checks – Every person who enters our facility goes through a daily screening
and temperature check.
Proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) - Each staff member on a patient’s care team has the proper PPE
to ensure patient and staff safety. We have ample supply of all the necessary
PPE required for any medical or surgical need.
Isolation of COVID Patients – We have implemented strict isolation practices to separate COVID-19
patients from other patients in our care.
Extensive Training -- Our physicians, nurses and ancillary care team members have clinical
training and experience in infectious disease prevention and follow strict
protocols for maintaining a safe patient environment.
No Visitor Policy – In accordance with CDC guidelines to protect our patients and staff,
no visitors will be allowed in any inpatient areas until further notice
with the exceptions below:
Pediatrics and NICU: One parent/guardian per patient at a time will be allowed after screening.
Labor and Delivery: One visitor per patient at a time will be allowed after screening.
Compassionate Care: Visitors may be allowed at the discretion of our care teams. Limited
to no more than two visitors at a time.
Infection Prevention Distancing – We have implemented many physical distancing measures throughout
the hospital and our physician offices.
Cleaning and Maintenance – Torrance Memorial follows CDC protocols for cleaning and disinfecting
all patient and treatment areas. Rooms are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected
Surgery Preparation Checklist
What You Can Do To Keep Yourself Safe:
- Follow your physician's pre and post-operative instructions.
- Wear a mask, both here at the hospital and at home.
- Follow the CDC's guidelines for self-quarantining before and after surgery.
- Plan ahead for all post-surgical medical support.
- Wash your hands, continue social distancing, clean and disinfect frequently
Pre-Procedure COVID-19 Testing Site
LAB STAFF WILL CALL YOU TO SCHEDULE A DRIVE-UP APPOINTMENT
Testing Site Instructions:
- Staff will provide directions through signage
- When you drive up to the testing site, roll your window all the way down
- Have your driver's license ready
- If a child is being tested, bring an additional person to help hold the
child during the testing
- You will be notified of the results by your physician
Quarantine Instructions for Pre-Procedure COVID-19 Testing
- Following your COVID-19 test, stay home until your procedure.
- Do not leave your home, except to get medical care.
- Do not go to work, school or public areas, and do not use public transportation or taxis.
NEW LOCATION Effective 05/03/21
Located in the Torrance Memorial employee lot, entrance east of Early Ave.
on Lomita Blvd.