One of the most important aspects of the cancer journey is recovery after
cancer treatment. Feeling healthy, energized and fit leads to the best
quality of life and may reduce the risk of cancer reocurrance. The Torrance
Memorial Rehabilitation Department's team of occupational, physical
and speech therapists provides assessment, an individualized program and
personalized coaching to help cancer survivors achieve their optimal level
Get Back Into Exercise
- Develop a personalized exercise program and improve overall fitness in
a safe and supervised setting.
- Benefits include decreased fatigue, improved sense of well-being, weight
control, better sleep and increased energy.
- Learn about reduced-cost exercise opportunities in the community to continue
your fitness program.
Cope with Physical Limitations and Ability Change
- Learn simple home and workplace modifications that promote independent
- Improve balance and reduce risk of falls and accidental injury.
- Learn cognitive strategies to improve memory problems caused by chemotherapy.
- Caregiver coaching to maintain progress at home.
- Individualized program to control abnormal swelling and fluid accumulation
that can occur particularly in the limbs as the result of surgery and
- Benefits include reduced risk of infection, improved appearance and better
- Learn how to manage lymphedema at home.
- Free monthly support group to meet the therapist and learn from others.
- Lymphedema therapists are offering free lymphedema screenings by appointment
only. Screenings take about 15 minutes. Call 310-517-4735 ext. 20826 to
make our appointment.
- Training and biofeedback to strengthen bladder control muscles and reduce
urine leakage at home.
- Improved coordination of throat function to reduce the risk of choking.
Recover from Laryngectomy
- Coaching to increase confidence when eating or speaking in social situations.
For additional information about the Cancer Rehabilitation Program, call
All evaluations and treatments are performed per a
Most insurance carriers require pre-authorization for outpatient evaluation.