Our Eating Disorders Program provides patients with one-on-one counseling
and support from a masters level dietitian with over 20 years of experience
working with eating disorder patients.
Unlike other programs that use staff dietitians to provide food planning
and services for eating disorder patients, our approach is highly personalized
and tailored to help each individual overcome their food issues.
Our registered dietitian manages key aspects of each patient’s treatment
by providing meal planning, personalized nutritional education, and one-on-one
patient counseling three times a week. Our focus is on encouraging you
to eat real food, as opposed to supplements. Together, you and our dietitian
will create a sustainable, balanced meal plan that increases gradually
to restore health safely.
Our commitment to your nutritional rehabilitation includes:
- A private and nonjudgmental environment
- An emphasis on patient safety during all phases of treatment, particularly
- A highly customized approach that takes into account your personal habits
- The help of caring professionals that will challenge your thoughts and
behaviors about food
- Education and support for your family
- Collaboration with medical specialists, such as gastroenterologists, when necessary
- Integration into social meal environments as your treatment progresses
- One-on-one supervision of meals and snacks
The Benefits of Our Philosophy
At Torrance Memorial, we believe that, with the right care, every patient
can recover. Our approach to nutritional rehabilitation is based on compassionate
and personalized holistic care, delivered by a highly experienced staff.
As a result, our compliance levels are high. Our patients have better outcomes
because their treatment is tailored to their specific issues and needs.
Nutritional rehabilitation is a complex process. Let our team of nutritional
and medical professionals aid you on this important step in your path
Let our team of nutritional and medical professionals aid you
on this important step in your path to recovery.