If you suspect you may have COVID-19, please contact your primary care
provider who will determine if you should be tested. If you do not have
a primary care provider, please visit one of our
Torrance Memorial Urgent Cares. You also can call our COVID Health Line at (310) 891-6717.
The Torrance Memorial Emergency Department will not be testing general
asymptomatic patients or patients with mild symptoms such as a cough or
fever. Asymptomatic testing is generally part of a larger public health
initiative led by government agencies, such as the Los Angeles County
Department of Public Health, to help monitor the spread of COVID-19.
Torrance Memorial does not provide COVID testing for patients who:
- Must provide proof of testing to an employer, summer camp, daycare, etc.,
for themselves or their family members.
- Require proof of a negative COVID-19 when traveling to another state.
- Seek “clearance” to travel, visit relatives or participate
in activities that do not allow for physical distancing and proper masking.
Torrance Memorial will provide COVID testing for patients who:
- Are preparing for a scheduled procedure at Torrance Memorial.
- Have an order from a Torrance Memorial Physician Network provider.
If you do not meet the testing criteria, free testing is available through
the LA County Department of Public Health and select CVS locations at