High School Volunteer Program
This unique program is created for teens between 14 to 18 years of age. It is designed for high school students who are looking for community service, searching for ways to help others and their community while having an opportunity to explore health care careers.
The High School Volunteer Program will ask that students commit to volunteering for one year of service with either a weekly 2 hour assigned shift during the weekdays or a 4 hour assigned shift on alternating weekends in our Escort Services department.
How Do I Become A High School Student Volunteer
For a sneak peek at our commitments and to see if the program is right for you, view the High School Student Volunteer Program Information Sheet.
Application Process (New!)
Application to the high school volunteer program begins with your attendance at a student-parent (or parent representative) information meeting on one of the dates below. At this meeting you will hear about volunteering at Torrance Memorial as well as the requirements and commitment for joining. Important note: Based on past experience we expect to receive significantly more applications than we can accommodate at orientation. Therefore, our selection process will include a modified random selection component for choosing students for the next orientation.
Summer Orientation, 2014
Attend a student-parent (or parent representative) information meeting:
- Thursday, May 29, 2014 or Tuesday, June 3, 2014 at 6:00 p.m. in the Auditorium of Torrance Memorial's West Tower building. Park in the west parking structure. No RSVP required.
- Bring a copy of your most recent grade report.
- Pre-application will be completed at the meeting.
- Please only attend the student-parent information meeting if you are available to attend both dates of orientation below.
Attend volunteer orientation (by invitation only):
- Monday/Wednesday June 23rd and 25th, 5:00 - 7:30 p.m. Attendance required both days.
Student-parent information meeting dates will be announced in August, 2014.
There are no summer, short-term, episodic, hands-on patient care, shadowing or observation opportunities through the High School Student Volunteer Program at Torrance Memorial.
For High School Student Volunteer information, contact the Volunteer Services Department at 310-517-4752 or send an email to email@example.com.