College Volunteer Program
Torrance Memorial's college student volunteer program (ages 18-25) gives students a unique opportunity to experience a health care setting while gaining personal satisfaction through helping others. Our college student volunteers serve in departments throughout the hospital and make a lasting impression on our patients, visitors, and staff.
How Do I Become A College Student Volunteer
College student volunteers must meet all requirements of the Adult Volunteer Program and also complete a pre-application questionnaire. View an information sheet describing the Adult Volunteer Program.
Due to high demand, limited spaces are available for college volunteers at each orientation. A pre-application for consideration of invitation to the orientation will be available for a limited time prior to each orientation on the dates described below. For best results, open the pre-application using Adobe Reader to complete the PDF form. Please apply only if you are available to attend both days of orientation and follow all instructions on the application for submission to the Volunteer Services office. Thank you.
- Pre-Application Deadline: CLOSED
- Orientation (by invitation): May 14 and 16, 2014, 2:30-5:00 p.m. (attendance required both days)
- Pre-application Available: June 13, 5:00 PM
- Pre-application Deadline: June 17, 5:00 PM
- Orientation (by invitation): July 16 and 18, 5:00-7:30 PM (attendance required both days)
- Pre-application Available: August 1, 2014, 5:00 PM
- Pre-application Deadline: August 5, 2014, 5:00 PM
- Orientation (by invitation): September 9 and 11, 2:30-5:00 PM (attendance required both days)
There are no short-term, episodic, hands-on patient care, shadowing or observation opportunities through the college student volunteer program at Torrance Memorial.
For further details about Torrance Memorial's college student volunteer program after reviewing the information sheet and information above, please call Volunteer Services at 310-517-4752 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.