College Volunteer Program
Torrance Memorial's college student volunteer program (ages 18-25)
gives students a unique opportunity to experience a health care setting
while gaining personal satisfaction through helping others. Our college
student volunteers serve in departments throughout the hospital and make
a lasting impression on our patients, visitors, and staff.
How Do I Become A College Student Volunteer
College student volunteers must meet all requirements of the Adult Volunteer
Program and also complete a pre-application questionnaire. View an
information sheet describing the Adult Volunteer Program.
Due to high demand, limited spaces are available for college volunteers
at each orientation. A pre-application for consideration of invitation
to the orientation is available for a limited time on the dates described
below. For best results, open the pre-application using Adobe Reader to
complete the PDF form. Please apply only if you are available to attend
both days of orientation and follow all instructions on the application
for submission to the Volunteer Services office. Thank you.
- The application process is now closed for the February orientation.
- Pre-application Available: May 8, 2015 by 5:00 p.m.
- Pre-application Deadline: May 11, 2015 at 5:00 p.m.
- Orientation (by invitation): June 16 and 18, 2015, 5:00-7:30 p.m. (attendance
required both days)
- Pre-application Available: July 17, 2015 by 5:00 p.m.
- Pre-application Deadline: July 20, 2015 at 5:00 p.m.
- Orientation (by invitation): August 25 and 27, 2015, 5:00-7:30 p.m. (attendance
required both days)
- Pre-application Available: October 9, 2015 by 5:00 p.m.
- Pre-application Deadline: October 12, 2015 at 5:00 p.m.
- Orientation (by invitation): November 16 and 18, 2015, 9:30-12:00 p.m.
(attendance required both days)
There are no short-term, episodic, hands-on patient care, shadowing or
observation opportunities through the college student volunteer program
at Torrance Memorial.
For further details about Torrance Memorial's college student volunteer
program after reviewing the information sheet and information above, please
call Volunteer Services at 310-517-4752 or send an email to