Volunteers Make Torrance Memorial Go 'Round
You see them everywhere at Torrance Memorial. They are young and old, male and female, a rainbow of races, cultures and creeds. A few you could call real clowns. Some even have four legs and a tail. They are Torrance Memorial volunteers, and we depend on their generosity and good spirits to help us provide the top quality care on which our community depends.
Altogether there are nearly 900 volunteers including adults and high school students. Adult volunteers are members of our Volunteer Auxiliary. Whether they are escorting patients or staffing the information desk, delivering flowers or simply sharing a smile, each and every day they go about their many tasks here at Torrance Memorial with enthusiasm and good cheer. It is impossible to overestimate what our volunteers' efforts mean to Torrance Memorial.
Volunteers at Torrance Memorial may work closely with patients, families and visitors or may choose a position that does not interact with the public. Areas of service include but are not limited to:
- Patient care areas
- Welcoming patients and visitors
- Providing information
- Assisting in waiting areas
- Volunteering in the Auxiliary gift shop
- Assisting staff
- Discharging patients
- Visiting patients
- Running errands for patients and staff
- Unique programs such as pet visitation, sewing, knitting, piano, clowns, and more
Benefits of Volunteering
Enjoy the added benefits of volunteering when you join Torrance Memorial's team. In addition to experiencing the satisfaction of helping your community by volunteering you will:
- Meet new people and make friends
- Develop new skills
- Become part of a team
- Offer comfort and support to patients and their loved ones
- Enjoy new experiences
- Enrich your life, be active and teach others
- Enjoy cafeteria and pharmacy discounts
- Free parking
- A uniform jacket
- Entertainment discounts
- Opportunity to attend Auxiliary general meetings and an annual Recognition/Awards event
How Do I Become A Volunteer
View an information sheet describing the Adult Volunteer Program as well as the process and requirements for joining. Orientations for new adult volunteers are offered four times during the year.
For information about Torrance Memorial's Adult Volunteer Program call Volunteer Services at 310-517-4752 or send an email to email@example.com.