Visitor waiting areas are located across campus:
- Lundquist Tower, 2nd floor features a large waiting room, where visitors can gather to wait for loved ones to finish surgery. There is a Patient Status Board that will provide updates to families using a private patient code system.
- Visitor lounges where friends and family members can relax during a loved ones' care are located on each floor in the Lunquist Tower.
- Central Tower lobby near the pharmacy
- Surgery Waiting Room, located on the 1st floor of the Central Tower near the Gift Shop, provides an area where family and friends can wait to speak with your surgeon after an operation. Each weekday, this area is attended by a volunteer who will keep your family informed.
- Outpatient Lobby, located in the Outpatient Center across the West Tower, 1st floor.
- North Lobby, located in the north wing near Information Desk. Live piano performances occur several times each day in the North Lobby for relaxation and enjoyment.
Around the Medical Center
The first stop your visitors will want to make is at one of the information desks within the medical center. A volunteer will direct visitors to patient rooms or other hospital facilities.
Café and Coffee Bar
Torrance Memorial has several options for visitor dining. Our Cafés, feature dishes with seasonal local organic produce, home-made soups and desserts, heart-healthy fare, and much more, at very reasonable prices. We also serve Starbucks Coffee.
Visit our gift shops, located in the Grand Lobby of the Lundquist Tower and the 1st floor of the North Wing. It is staffed and operated by members of the Torrance Memorial Volunteer Auxiliary. The Gift Shop offers books, gifts, toiletries and flowers. You are also able to order online or place a phone order by calling 800-906-9909.
For your convenience, ATMs are located in the Grand Lobby near the restrooms in the Lundquist Tower and the Dining Annex, across the hall from Jared's Café, located in the Central Tower on the 2nd floor.
Vending machines are located in the Central Tower on the 2nd floor in the Dining Annex.
Available on the 1st floor of the Central Tower, near the north wing Gift Shop, and serves as an area for reflection or meditation. Visitors are welcome at any time.
The hospital Chapel is located in Lundquist Tower on the 1st floor adjacent to the Healing Garden.
The chaplain is available for non-denominational spiritual support and consultation during your stay at the medical center. Call 310-325-9110 ext. 6694, from Monday to Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM. Your own clergyman is also welcome to visit with you at any time.
The Healing Garden, located between the Lundquist Tower and the North Wing, features seating, water-efficient landscaping and fountains, to help patients, visitors and staff relieve stress and connet with nature.
Live piano performances occur several times each day in the North Lobby for relaxation and enjoyment.
Health Resource and Retail Center
Visit HealthLinks, a centralized location for finding health-related information, products and services. Located in the West Tower on the 1st floor.
Torrance Memorial has a Lactation Center with two private mothers' rooms. Located in
HealthLinks on the 1st floor in the West Tower.
Blood Donor Center
If you are interested in making a blood donation, please make an appointment with the Blood Donor Center at 310-517-4647 from Monday 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM, Tuesday-Thursday 8:00 PM - 3:30 PM and Friday 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM. Located on the 2nd floor of the Outpatient Center.
Cancer Resource Center
Receive free consultations and information about a cancer diagnosis from an oncology nurse at the Cancer Resource Center. This valuable service helps patients and families navigate the hospital and healthcare system. Located on the 1st floor in the West Tower or call 310-517-4665 for information.
If need visit our pharmacy located in the Central Tower on the 1st floor near the main entrance of the medical center from Monday - Friday 9:00 AM - 5:15 PM and Saturday - Sunday 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM.