Torrance Memorial Medical Center recognizes the vital role that family
and friends play in the comfort and well-being of our patients and we
welcome them 24 hours a day. Patients determine who visits and when. It
is our goal to ensure that all visitors enjoy full and equal visitation
privileges consistent with patient preference.
The following guidelines have been developed for the safety, comfort and
well-being of our patients. Please understand that visiting may be or
modified by staff based on patient needs or to ensure a culture of safety.
- Families and friends are welcome 24 hours a day according to patient preference.
- Most inpatient units have a "Quiet Time" 2 - 4 PM daily to help
- Patients may have one designated family member or friend stay overnight
(Pediatrics unit allows two).
- A designated family member or friend is welcome in most outpatient and
procedural areas. Visitor lounges are available for additional guests.
Health and Safety
- For the protection of others, please do not visit if you think you may
be ill with an infectious disease such as a cold or flu.
- For safety reasons, operating rooms (OR) and special procedural areas are
limited to hospital staff. A patient support person is permitted in Labor
and Delivery OR.
- At least one parent or banded designee of the patient must accompany a
visitor in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU).
- Siblings are the only children permitted to visit infants in the NICU.
- Only Mylar balloons are permitted.
- Flowers are welcome in most inpatient rooms with some exceptions, including
but not limited to: Burn Unit, Intensive Care Units, and Labor and Delivery.
- Please check with the nurse before offering food to a patient.
- Children are welcome at Torrance Memorial. Those under age 13 are expected
to remain with a supervising adult, other than the patient, at all times.
- Family and friends may visit two at a time in multi-patient rooms. Visitor
lounges are available for additional guests.
- To help ensure everyone's safety, please refrain from gathering in hallways.
- We appreciate your help in maintaining a clean, quiet environment for everyone.
- Out of courtesy for others, we encourage you to enjoy your food and beverage
in the café seating areas available 24 hours a day.
For the comfort of our patients, please refrain from consuming food and
beverage in our outpatient and 2
nd floor surgical waiting areas.
We have two parking structures, east and west of our campus. For most hospital
services please park in the main (east) parking structure. Free valet
parking is available on the first floor as you enter the main (east) parking
structure. For services in the Outpatient Center and West Tower, please
park in the west parking structure.