At the Torrance Memorial Medical Center, our radiology group is proud to have established a unique Imaging Procedure Clinic (IPC) that provides supportive patient service unmatched by any hospital in our area. The Clinic delivers an extraordinary level of highly coordinated care for people undergoing complex imaging procedures.
Many people facing major medical tests and procedures feel anxious about what's happening and overwhelmed by the details of their treatment. Imaging procedures often require extensive patient education and advance preparation, along with the need for collaborative, multidisciplinary decision-making among physicians. With the goal of ensuring excellence every step of the way, we created our Imaging Procedure Clinic to provide comprehensive and coordinated care of the highest level.
Torrance Memorial's Imaging Procedure Clinic serves patients undergoing the following imaging procedures:
- CT ablation
- CT and ultrasound aspirations and drainages
- CT and ultrasound biopsies
- Interventional radiology procedures
- Lumbar puncture (spinal tap)
- Paracentesis and Thoracentesis
- Virtual colonoscopy
- Voiding cysto-urethrogram (VCUG) with and without anesthesia
Dedicated Nurses Provide Personal Guidance and Care
Staffed by a group of highly skilled registered nurses with specialized training in imaging procedures, our Clinic provides coordinated care before, during and after procedures. Services include:
- Appointment scheduling, with our staff serving as the point of contact between patient and physician
- Streamlining of radiology approvals to minimize unnecessary delay
- Coordination of pre-admission procedures, including collection of history and physical, blood work and physician orders
- Pre-procedure education, including teaching and answering questions, to ensure that you understand the purpose of your imaging procedure, what preparations are necessary, what your experience will be like and how you will feel afterward
- Advance registration to save time on the day of your scheduled procedure
- Personal support throughout your procedure and in recovery
- Discharge instructions and follow-up
Research has shown that patients benefit in many ways from our coordinated care treatment approach. Referring physicians and patients both report higher satisfaction with the imaging procedure experience. Our comprehensive approach ensures that patients arrive properly prepared for their imaging procedure, experience less anxiety and have a lower rate of procedure-related complications.
Torrance Memorial Image Procedure Clinic offers an array of teaching tools and guidance documents to help you before and after your procedure.