If you are suffering from chronic health conditions, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed. After all, you have a handful of medications to take every day, not to mention, visits to doctors and specialists, and even stays in the hospital.
But you don’t have to do it alone. Torrance Memorial provides free Ambulatory Care Management services, which are designed to help make life easier for patients with chronic medical problems.
We understand how difficult it is to manage life at home when you’re struggling with chronic illness. We can help you organize your medications, assist in coordinating doctor’s visits, and even arrange for transportation through community resources.
We know your doctors; we know the community; we know the hospital; we know the resources that are available. We work with you to create a plan of care that can help you heal at home safely and comfortably.
What Is Ambulatory Care Management?
Ambulatory Care Management is committed to helping patients, especially those with chronic medical issues, stay healthy and independent by:
- Coordinating care between multiple doctors and specialists
- Assistance with scheduling appointments, providing appointment reminders, and even accompanying you to doctor visits, if necessary
- Locating services and programs you may be eligible for and assisting with the application process
- Monitoring of chronic diseases and assisting with making healthy lifestyle choices
- Being a central resource in the complex world of health care to ensure your needs are being met
- Additional assistance, personalized to meet your individual needs
Our team consists of nurses and social workers, and we are happy to assist you in better managing and coordinating your health care needs.
How Much Does It Cost?
Absolutely nothing. This service is free of charge by Torrance Memorial.
Why Do I Need A Care Manager?
A care manager will not try to make any care or health decisions for you. Our care managers will provide valuable information and support so that you can make your own informed decisions. Our job is to help you maintain your independence, not to take it away from you.
How Can I Get More Information?
Call Ambulatory Care Management office at 310-257-7282 to speak with a care manager who can answer any questions you may have.
If you are interested, a brief, confidential pre-screening can be completed to determine if our services would be beneficial to you. There is no obligation to accept, and you do not need a physician referral.