No one will guess that there are over 8 pounds of vegetables, 2 pounds of them them greens hidden in this delicious soup!
- 12 cups low sodium vegetable broth or water
- 6 cans salt free black beans
- 2 red onions, peeled
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 pound Cremini mushrooms
- 1 pound of baby Bok Choy (approximately 3)
- 1 pound chopped greens (kale, collard, mustard, chard or a combination)
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled if not organic (approximately 2 pounds)
- 2 bags frozen corn, defrosted (16 ounces each)
- 3 ounces oil-free sundried tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoon Cumin and 2 Tablespoon Oregano
- 1 Tablespoon Chipotle Paste (or ¼ teaspoon powder) or more, to taste
- Juice and zest of 4 limes
Place water or broth in a large soup pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and add beans, one pound of the corn, garlic, onions, sweet potatoes and greens in a large soup pot. Simmer uncovered for 30 minutes. There is no need to cut anything up as the soup will be blended. If you are using salt free beans it is not even necessary to rinse or drain them. Remove from heat and blend soup with an immersion blender. Stir in cumin, oregano, Chipotle Paste, Sundried Tomato Powder, lime juice and second bag of corn. Garnish with Pepitas and cilantro, if desired.
Chef AJ has followed a plant-based diet for over 33 years. She works as a chef and culinary instructor in Los Angeles. She is also the creator and co-producer of www.HealthyTasteofLA.com, an annual event in Redondo Beach, California where the finest in plant based cuisine meets the best in nutritional science. These receipes are provided for your enjoyment by Chef AJ. For other delicious, nutritious recipes, visit www.chefajshealthykitchen.com.