Quinoa Salad with Currants and Pistachios
Try red quinoa for a colorful change of pace.
- 1-16 ounce box of quinoa, cooked and cooled (8 cups)
- 1 cup lime juice and zest from limes (approximately 8)
- 2 ounces finely chopped scallions
- 2 ounces finely chopped Italian parsley
- 2 ouncse finely chopped mint
- 2 cups currants
- 8 ounces of raw pistachios
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds (when in season)
Prepare quinoa according to the directions on the package. Place in large bowl and allow to cool. Juice and zest limes. Pour over quinoa. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Chill.
Chef AJ has followed a plant-based diet for over 33 years. She works as a chef and culinary instructor in Los Angeles. She is also the creator and co-producer of www.HealthyTasteofLA.com, an annual event in Redondo Beach, California where the finest in plant based cuisine meets the best in nutritional science. These receipes are provided for your enjoyment by Chef AJ. For other delicious, nutritious recipes, visit www.chefajshealthykitchen.com.
Health Tip,Heart Beats