Find out your risk for pre-diabetes. Answer these seven questions. For
each “Yes” answer, add the number of points listed.
- Are you a woman who has had a baby weighing more than 9 pounds at birth?
(if yes add 1 point)
- Do you have a parent with diabetes? (if yes add 1 point)
- Do you have a brother or sister with diabetes? (if yes add 1 point)
- Find your height on the chart below. Do you weigh as much as or more than
the weight listed for your height? (if yes add 5 points)
- Are you younger than 65 years of age and get little or no physical activity
in a typical day? (if yes add 5 points)
- Are you between 45 and 65 years of age? (if yes add 5 points)
- Are you 65 years of age or older? (if yes add 9 points)
Assess Your Risk By Adding Up Your Score
If you scored a 9 or higher, then you may be at risk for prediabetes or
diabetes, and may qualify for the program. This does NOT mean you have
diabetes. You will need a blood test to confirm if you have diabetes.