Expert Care in Pediatrics
The health care needs of children are very different from those of adults.
Torrance Memorial Medical Center offers a full range of pediatric services
for our younger patients.
- Our Dedicated Pediatric Unit Offers
- 20 pediatric beds in a child-friendly environment
- Rooms equipped with TVs and Play-stations available upon request
- Overnight accommodations for parents
- A play area managed by our Child Life Specialist, who also oversees occupational
activities and distraction therapy in the treatment room
- Our Child Life Specialist provides per-operative education for children
- Pediatricians available around the clock and work closely with registered
nurses and the Child Life Specialist in caring for your child
- Pediatricians from Miller Children's Hospital are available for inpatient care
Pediatric Burn Center
Torrance Memorial offers one of only three
Burn Centers in Los Angeles County who care for critically burned children, many of
whom are on respirators. The Burn Center's Total Care teams include
a physical therapist, occupational therapist and social worker that attend
to these patients. Working in conjunction with the hospital's Child
Life Specialist, staff members in the Burn Center not only provide medical
care, but also provide burn prevention education for parents and family members.
Pediatric Emergency Services
The Torrance Memorial Emergency Department is our front line for pediatric
emergencies. All of our Emergency Department nurses are specially trained
in Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) and are able to stabilize and
transport our pediatric patients if necessary.
Torrance Loves Children (TLC), Sick Child Care Program
When you cannot stay home with your sick child but want the comfort of
knowing that he or she is being cared for by compassionate, qualified
health care professionals. You can entrust your child's care to Torrance
Memorial's TLC sick child care program designed to provide working
parents with a comfortable option for their mildly ill child.
- Supervised by pediatric nursing staff
- Open M-F 7AM-11:30 PM
- Only $4 per hour (plus $1.50 per meal)
- Children of all ages are eligible
- Preregistration required
We're sorry but we cannot accept children who have been recently exposed
to a communicable disease, such as, chicken pox, measles, mumps, or who
exhibit symptoms of these diseases.
Torrance Memorial Medical Center
Download Registration Packet
Central Tower, 4th floor
M-F 7:00 AM – 11:30 PM
Find a Pediatrician
Look for a board-certified pediatrician