Torrance Memorial Breastfeeding Clinic provides an intimate hands-on breastfeeding
consultation for mothers who have concerns or questions related to breastfeeding.
An International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) will weigh
your baby and answer any questions regarding breastfeeding. Also, hand-on
assistance in latch-on, positioning and problem solving will be given.
A personal and specific plan will be created to help you and your baby
Breastfeeding Clinic is Monday and Saturdays at 9:30 AM. Cost of the Breastfeeding
Clinic is $30 and pre-registration is necessary; please call
310-517-4743 to make your reservation.
Breastfeeding Support and Accessories
Lactation Center carries a variety of products to support and enhance your breastfeeding
experience. Our line of maternity and nursing products, bra fittings, and
pump sales and rentals are available in Torrance Memorial Health Resource Center,
HealthLinks, Monday-Friday, from 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM.
Breastfeeding Nurturing and Nutritional Benefits
Benefits of Breastfeeding for Mom
- Breast milk is convenient, free, clean and always the right temperature.
- Breastfeeding burns calories, assisting mom to lose her pregnancy weight faster.
- Mothers who breastfeed have a decreased risk of ovarian and pre-menopausal
breast cancer, anemia and osteoporosis.
- Breastfeeding releases hormones that contract your uterus and helps it
return to its normal size.
Benefits of Breastfeeding for Baby
- Breast milk provides infants with the most complete nutrition possible.
- Breast milk is full of antibodies that help your baby fight infections.
- Breast milk is easy for your baby to digest.
- Breast milk reduces the risk of ear infections, allergies, colds and some
diseases such as SIDS, diabetes and childhood cancers.
For more information, or to make a reservation for the Breastfeeding Clinic, call