First Step Program
Take the First Step
The Thelma McMillen Center is pleased to offer a six week educational program for teens and their parents, providing information and skills for identifying, preventing and intervening in problems related to drug and alcohol use.
- FREE six week one hour per week, separate groups for parents and teens (ages 13-17)
- Free initial drug testing, if requested.
- Conducted by highly experienced, credentialed staff at the Thelma McMillen Center.
- Recognize signs and symptoms of drug and alcohol use.
- Learn healthy behaviors and coping methods.
- Learn how to say "No".
- Identify good parenting skills, and improve family communications.
- Assistance in determining the extent of the problem
Call 310-784-4879, ask for the FIRST STEP program.