Learn the tools and mindset needed to create and maintain a healthy lifestyle with this multi-pronged, holistic approach to exercise, nutrition and behavioral modification. Prevent and reduce dangerous risk factors that lead to obesity, diabetes and metabolic syndrome. Join this supportive and educational environment and let the experts help you maintain a CHANGE for life.
- Each session run 12 weeks. See below for upcoming start dates.
- Meetings are held twice a week - Mondays and Wednesdays from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM and Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM. Groups are limited to 20 participants.
- Sessions are led by Lisa Cavallaro, Psy.D., Clinical Psychologist
- Each session will have an educational component and exercise, both cardiovascular and resistance training.
- Participants will receive behavioral intervention, skill building, exercise, nutrition and general health information. Our exercise specialist will perform baseline fitness assessments and design an individualized plan, based on current fitness levels.
- The Program is open to anyone; not just those with cardiac and/or metabolic risk factors. This is not a medically supervised program. However, we encourage participants to discuss their interest with their physician.
- All sessions will be held at the Torrance Memorial Specialty Center. There is plenty of parking. Your registration information will include a map and address information.
Led By Experts
This premier program of the Lundquist Cardiovascular Institute is overseen by experts to assist you in making permanent, sustainable changes to achieve a healthy life. In this program you'll receive:
- Behavioral, fitness and dietary education
- Personal health coaching
- Individualized exercise training
- Tools and skills for CHANGE
If you are interested in joining the CHANGE Program, call 310-517-4711 or email CHANGEprogram@tmmc.com.