Thursday, May 14, 2015
Torrance Memorial Medical Center, Torrance, CA
7:30 AM Registration and Breakfast; 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM Symposium
The Children’s Nursing Symposium will update the infant, child and
adolescent health care provider on management issues in the areas of Irritable
Bowel Syndrome, Pediatric Toxicology, Measles, Eating Disorders, Cyber
Bullying, and Nutrition: caring for yourself and the children in your
lives. This symposium provides an ideal mix of standard of care principles
with forward moving practices geared toward pediatric, NICU, adolescent
health care providers, school nurses and emergency room nurses.
- Identify two causes of IBS and the current treatments in diet.
- List three ways to prevent measles contamination and how vaccines play
a role in prevention.
- Describe two assessment techniques in identifying an eating disorder and
the different levels of treatment.
- List three physical and emotional signs of bullying and list two online
resources for prevention of bullying.
- Identify three ways to incorporate a healthy diet to promote personal health.
- Identify three ways to promote healthy nutrition depending on the developmental
stage of the child.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, CEP 300,
for 8 contact hours.
Includes lectures, continental breakfast, lunch, and syllabus.
|Student with ID
|Torrance Memorial Employees, Physician Office Staff and Public School Nurses
Please preregister by Monday, May 1, 2015.
Limited enrollment at the door. Enrollment can be accepted only with program
fees. A full refund will be given if this program is cancelled. No fees
will be refunded if the participant cancels within 48 hours of the program.
Cancellations prior to 48 hours will receive a refund, minus a $20 processing fee.
For information and to pre-register, call the Clinical Education Department