Because recovery from burn injuries can be a long and demanding process - both emotionally and physically - Torrance Memorial's Burn Center provides comprehensive care for patients after their hospital stay through the following services:
The Outpatient Burn Clinic
- Daily outpatient services to support acute and reconstructive burn patients.
- Multidisciplinary team evaluations of all burn patients' needs.
- Full complement of rehabilitation professionals who are available to collaborate on each patient's therapy.
- On-site gym.
- Work hardening programs.
Continued Reconstructive Services
- Provides functional and aesthetic interventions.
Alisa Ann Ruch Burn Foundation and Children's Burn Foundation.
- The Torrance Memorial Medical Center burn team works cooperatively with the Foundations which provide a full spectrum of services for the burn survivor and his/her family after leaving the hospital.