Nursing (includes Nursing Mgmt)
Torrance Memorial Medical Center
After hours & weekends
Under the supervision of a RN, the LVN provides patient care in routine and stable nursing situations. In more complex nursing situations, the LVN functions as an assistant to the RN. The LVN is responsible for observing, planning, implementing, and evaluating all assigned patient care in collaboration with the RN. The LVN is accountable for all patient care given, is responsible for adhering to all policies, procedures and standards of nursing practice, for managing supplies and equipment with the direction of the RN, and for promoting teamwork among co-workers, physicians, and personnel from other departments.
- Current license to practice vocational nursing in the State of California
- Current BCLS certification required by end of orientation
- Curren CA drivers license
- Certificate/letter of completion of a Board of Vocational Nurse and Psychiatric Technician approved course in intravenous therapy preferred. Certificate of completion of this course required within the first 6 months of employment. Completion of IV Certification process for Torrance Memorial Medical Center required within the first 6 months of employment
- One year experience as an LVN/LPN in an acute care setting
- Demonstration of good reading comprehension, accurate spelling, and legible handwriting
- Demonstration of effective and diplomatic oral communication.
Add to Job Basket